So you’ve connected with the Metiza mission. Would you like to share that love and contribute to our community? You’ve come to the right place. We are always looking to share, to bring in your fresh stories, your challenges and your triumphs and expand our amazing Metiza community.
CONTRIBUTE: So, what are we searching for? Glad you asked.
What’s right for us: We’re especially interested in personal essays and cultural criticism with unique and diverse points of view, LGBTQ perspectives, smart articles with original reporting, and opinion. We want stories that you’re passionate about and that only you could tell. We want to hear what you’re obsessed with and have to share. Love to vintage shop? Have vegetarian recipes that are to die for? Bring it on!
We love essays that highlight creativity, dream jobs, positive body image, learning to be an adult, friendships, the weirdness of relationships, and learning how to work through tough times (whether it be the big crises, or the small “I just don’t like myself this morning” moments). We want stories that make us feel like we’re all in this together, whether it’s an essay on how a celebrity inspires you or the way a news event connects with you personally.
What’s not right for us: Snark, girl on girl crimes, takedown pieces
Right now, we’re not looking for pieces of fiction, poems, or plays (even though we think they’re totally awesome).
Who we’re looking for:
• Funny, honest, smart, creative people with strong writing and grammar skills and the ability to tell a great story.
• Podcast, vlog/video, whatever your jam, let’s do it.
• We want to keep our content relevant, inspiring and informative always. We welcome everyone with open arms of course, but keep in mind our community is primarily finishing up high school all the way through college.
Does this sound like a dream come true?
Then here’s what to do:
• Email us at email@example.com with ideas you have for specific articles and a brief (one paragraph) description of who you are and what kind of writing you do.
• In the subject line, write a very short description of the idea you have for an article, i.e. “Laundry, Groceries and other Tales of Semi-Adulting” or “Story about body image and feminism” (You can include more ideas in the body of the email)
• If you already have a draft of a story you think might be right for us, go ahead and send it! We’d love to read it to see if it might be a good fit.
Questions, comments or concerns? Please reach out any time! We love to hear from you.
We frequently use affiliate links to share when we really love something and want you to love it too. This means if you love the skincare we featured, and click on the link and end up buying it, we’ll make a small commission on the sale. It feels like a win/win to us and definitely helps keep the Metiza lights on. Affiliate links are not sponsored, and we’re not being nudged to highlight affiliated products (unless noted as outlined above). All of the products we share are things we genuinely love – some will be affiliated, and some won’t be.
Metiza is excited to help your brand reach our audience through podcast and written content. If you’d like to find out more about potential partnerships and previous clients, let’s chat. Thanks so much for reading along with us and we hope you feel welcome in our community.