Want to pursue a career in Editorial, Journalism or Marketing? Apply to be a Metiza Intern!
We have 3 Internship Options Available
Are you a YouTube fanatic? Do you know what’s trending, what’s hot, and what’s too funny for words in the world of video? We are looking for a YouTube lover and copywriting wiz for our Metiza YouTube Copywriting Internship Description.
Have the last six months got you fired up to make a difference? Do you know what’s trending in female empowerment, social justice and the hard-hitting news cycle? We need you! We are looking for a politically activated and journalism phenom for our Part-Time Journalism/Op-Ed Internship.
Do you feel incomplete without your Snapchat? Do you know what’s trending, what’s shareable, and what’s screenshot worthy in the world of social media? We are looking for a Snapchat lover and content creating master for our Part-Time Social Media Management Internship.
How To Apply
If you’re interested in joining the Metiza team, please submit your resume, cover letter, and three writing examples that showcase your copywriting and content curating skills to email@example.com. Each Internship position has it’s own specifications, please check the examples provided. We look forward to reviewing your application!
Do you like what you see on Metiza? Are you up for contributing to the conversation? If so, great news because we are looking for contributors just like YOU!
How it Works
If you are interested in contributing to Metiza, decide what really lights a fire in you. What is a topic that you’re passionate about and you want to share with your peers. Educate them, make them laugh, have a “oh wow, you too?” moment. Need more guidance? We have general categories that might help including Foodie Faves, Relationships, Health & Wellness, Wanderlust, Fashion & Trends, Diversions and more.
Not everything in life is profound, mind-blowing, deep and philosophical. Sometimes we just need light hearted fun. Create a Spotify mix to share! What’s your favorite fashion trend for next season? Why is Zoe Deschanel so adorable? We want answers! Love to vintage shop? Have vegetarian recipes that are to die for? Share! Once you have that nailed down, get creating. We are looking for written, video/vlog, illustrated or photographed submissions.
• Articles must have positive energy, no snarkiness, unnecessary drama or negativity.
• Content should be interesting to YOU as the main audience.
• Write about what you are interested in, what you want to share with others or is happening in your life.
• Written pieces should be 750-1,000 words. It should be a given, but articles should be well written. Don’t submit something that your English teacher would shudder over. Be willing to accept editorial suggestions, it shows you’re open to improving. That said, your voice is your instrument. Use it.
• We reserve the right to change titles as we see fit based on editorial need and trend.
• Videos 1-2 minutes, please submit in MP4 format.
• Content is welcome to have artwork (drawings, graphics) worked within to help support the story. While not necessary, it often helps give some visual interest to your piece.
Frequently Asked Questions
• How frequently are articles published? We work hard to get submitted articles live on the site as quickly as we can. We cannot promise a set publishing time-line as we are balancing incoming content from many sources. But trust that once we have your content, we want the world to see it ASAP!
• Can I submit more than one article? YES! If you have many ideas, we’re ready for them. The more you submit, the more you make. At $25 per piece, that’s got some potential! Please keep in mind we need to share the platform, so play well with others, and be patient with publication.
• Can I tell my friends about becoming a contributor? YES! The more the merrier. Our goal is to feature as much of our Metiza community brilliance as possible. For every referral you bring to Metiza, you personally will receive $25 once they are published.
• How long until I receive my payment after having submitted an article? We process payments via PayPal once monthly, so four weeks is the longest it will take to receive your payment.
How to Submit
Submit your completed work by using the form below and we’ll get back to you with any feedback or information on when your content will be published. This may take time, so be patient.