When it comes to baked goods, there are those of us in the cookie camp and those of us who would give up a limb for a good brownie. As in, we even find ways to eat them for breakfast. But there are also many of us who love both, like a lot, and don’t want to be forced to choose. That’s why there is such a thing as Brownie Cookie Cups. They are chocolate chip cookie on the outside and gooey brownie on the inside. Watch here how to make them and get the recipe below!
Brownie Cookie Cups Recipe
Cookie Crust –
Mixing bowls + cups
10 tblsp unsalted butter, softened
½ cup light brown sugar
2 egg yolk (from large eggs)
1 cup plus 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
Brownie Filling –
12 Tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 large eggs
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup + 2 Tbs all purpose flour
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F and grease your muffin tin.
2. To make the cookie crust, in a small bowl beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg yolk and mix. Add the flour and salt and mix until well combined. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Put the bowl in the refrigerator to chill while making the brownie filling (this will make it easier to mold).
3. For the brownie filling, heat the butter on the stove or in the microwave, just until melted. Whisk in sugar and cocoa powder until smooth. Set aside until only slightly warm to the touch, about 5 minutes. Using a wooden spoon stir in the egg and vanilla until evenly incorporated. Add flour and stir until smooth.
4. Divide the cookie dough into 12 even portions and press them into the prepared muffin tin to form tart shells. Pour the brownie filling into each of the shells.
5. Bake for 9-10 minutes, just until the brownie starts to set around the edges (the centers will still be gooey). Be careful not to over-bake, pull them from the oven as soon as you see that the brownie edges are setting.
6. Let cool at room temperature.