Going apple picking and want a fun recipe for your bounty? Caramel apples are a classic, but they can be so freakin’ messy. Caramel apple poppers on the other hand are fun to make, easy to share, and deliciously bite-sized! Plus, you can mix and match your toppings. We used sprinkles this time, but feel free to swap in nuts, baby chocolate chips, coconut shavings – whatever your taste buds desire. Enjoy!
Caramel Apple Poppers Recipe
1. Use a melon baller or a metal tsp spoon to scoop out balls from the green apples.
2. Press lollipop sticks in the tops and align on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
3. Melt the caramels in a sauce pan being careful not to let it burn.
5. Pour into a deep bowl or dish.
6. Take turns dipping each apple popper into the caramel and then roll it around in some sprinkles or nuts or whatever you desire!
7. Place back on wax paper to cool and harden.
Also published on Medium.