At some point in our lives we have to face ours fears, even if we aren’t 100% sure of how things will turn out. If you really think about it, a lot of people never really reach their dreams and that’s not because of their lack of skill or talent but because they were too afraid to face their fears and atleast try.
Treasure your time.
- Sometimes valuing your time means you have to say no to certain things or else you won’t be able to prioritize the things that are important to you.
- Don’t get distracted so easily. Distractions can cause major interruptions throughout our day which keep us away from being productive.
- It’s okay to schedule yourself some quiet time. There is no reason for us to always be reachable. The best thing for us to do is to be present in the moment focusing our attention to the tasks and people that are in front of us. If we are readily available for every call and email immediately, people will expect it to be this way every time.
Push yourself harder
- If you think about it, every winner was once a beginner. So to put it in perspective, mistakes aren’t really as bad as they may seem. Mistakes can be viewed as a form of practice. As a recovering perfectionist, I used to be terrified of messing up and making a mistake. The truth is that the faster you get comfortably acquainted with practicing and making mistakes, the faster you will learn the necessary skills needed to become a master in whatever it is that you are pursuing.
- Positive thinking creates positive results. In order to accomplish anything we must first believe in ourselves. Even though we may not always have control over every circumstance we do have the power to change the way we think about something that we may not like. Things will always work out best for those who make the best out of their situations, positive and negative.
“Success is moving from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.” -Winston Churchill
- Success is always closer than it seems. Don’t allow your mistakes to stop you, it should serve as motivation to keep pushing forward. This is what it means to be resilient. According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, to be resilient means “being able to become, strong, healthy, or successful again after something bad has happened”.
- You can learn from each mistake that you make and every time you make one, take it as being one step closer to your goal. The only downfall about the failing process is if you choose to quit and not go after your goals because you believe that it’s too difficult or are simply scared of messing it up again. Know that…
“Failure is not falling down; failure is staying down when you have the choice to get back up.” -Marc and Angel
Own up to your failures
- The first step to own up to your failures is to accept that making mistakes is a part of life, it happens to everyone. Know that you are not your failures and you shouldn’t feel like it defines who you are and what you are capable of.
- A self-assessment can help tremendously in helping you move from point A to point B. Knowing where you lack and where you can improve is critical to your success.
- Pick yourself up and keep it moving. Failing or making mistakes is a painful and vulnerable experience but it is the actual experience of learning from our failures that will guide us towards success.
Failure is overrated
- Life’s best lessons are learned unexpectedly. I mean, that’s the best way to look at the challenges and obstacles that life throws at us, as life lessons to learn and grow from.
- Not getting what you want can be a blessing. There were many times when I would feel so crushed by missing opportunities or not getting something that I thought I wanted. It wasn’t until much later that I realized that it was a blessing that I didn’t get what I wanted. You may not be perfect, but God’s plan for you is.
- There is no success without failure. Failure is something we all don’t welcome very well. Merriam-Webster defines failure as the ‘lack of success’. However, I believe we don’t give failure the credit it deserves. Failure can play a critical role in our growth as humans and help us towards our path to success, if we allow it to.
Truth is: The world will never change unless you change.
You have the capacity to create your own happiness.