It’s that time of the year, Christmas time is finally here! What better way to start off this holiday season than with a mug of the Grinch’s Favorite Hot Chocolate. Whether you’re a fan of the movie ‘The Grinch’ or not, this special treat will instantly give you all the Christmas feels. So put on a Christmas movie and grab your favorite Christmas mug and let’s give this recipe a go!
White Peppermint Hot Chocolate:
• 1 cup white chocolate chips
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 4 cups half-and-half
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1-2 teaspoons peppermint extract, to taste
• 1 cup heavy whipping cream
• 2 tablespoons powered sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• green gel food coloring
• red heart sprinkles, for topping
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine white chocolate chips and heavy cream.
2. Stir continuously until white chocolate chips have completely melted.
3. Stir in the half-and-half, vanilla extract and peppermint extract. Stir occasionally until heated through.
4. Pour into mugs and top with green whipped cream and garnish with red heart sprinkles and/or a candy cane.
5. Whipped Cream: Pour heavy whipping cream, sugar, vanilla extract and a few drops of green food coloring into the cold bowl and whisk on high speed until medium to stiff peaks form, about 2 minutes.