We all have those days where from the moment we get up nothing seems to go our way. Whether it’s simply a poor perspective or true bad luck, sometimes the only remedy is the warm embrace of binge watching. Here are my top picks for what to watch on a rough day.
- Nothing picks me up on a bad day quite like the absolute ridiculousness of Abbi and Illana. Pick any episode, any season, and I can guarantee you’ll be laughing by the end.
- Best Episodes: S4E7, S2E3
- We are all a unique mixture of all three of the Belcher children and their antics never fail to make me a little less grumpy on the grumpiest of days.
- Best Episodes: S3E21, S1E2, S3E12
- Tina Fey / Liz Lemon is my hero. Period. If you ever need inspiration to embrace your awkwardness and girl power at the same time, tune into 30 Rock.
- Best Episodes: S1E12, S2E13, S5E17….EVERY episode
- There are so many cheery characters in this cast. From Cam’s sly remarks to Phil’s unwavering goofiness the quick wit never stops.
- Best Episodes: S2E13, S2E6, S1E9
- I’ve covered why EVERYONE should watch this show here, just do it.
- Best Episodes: S2E1, S1E4, S1E1
- Every character is my favorite character and you’ll only understand that through watching The Office. Nothing makes me laugh quite like Michael Scott’s societal tone-deafness.
- Best Episodes: S2E12, S4E9, S3E23, S2E1…again EVERY episode
Parks and Recreation
- Another star-studded cast, Tom Haverford (aka Aziz Ansari) cheers me up without fail.
- Best Episodes: S4E6, S3E2, S5E14
RuPaul’s Drag Race
- From an ever-changing hilarious cast to amazing fashion and Ru Paul’s incomparable glamour, this show will give you a confidence boost and bring tears to your eyes from laughter all at once.
- Best Episodes: S3E12, S4E8, S6E5
Cover image via Channel 40