When it comes to Mother’s Day, jewelry and homemade gifts are a definite win. This year we decided to combine the two. For everyone who’s like “my jewelry skills peaked with braided friendship bracelets,” we feel you. Just grab a vintage locket at your favorite thrift store or off Amazon. The homemade part is what you put inside the locket – our fav solid perfume recipe. So if your mom is all about floral scents and vintage jewelry, our Mother’s Day perfume locket is for her!
Mother’s Day Perfume Locket
What You’ll Need
Essential oils or your preferred fragrance concentrate.
1. Put 1/2 tbsp of beeswax and 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil into glass jar.
2. Melt contents of jar in a hot water bath for 5 minutes.
3. Choose your combination of essential oils and mix drops into liquefied oil (I mixed 5 drops of Sweet Orange, Lavender and Rosemary but you can choose your own depending on your mom’s favorite fragrances).
4. Lavender buds (not necessary but really cute!)
5. Protect your workspace against spillage and transfer mix into locket.
6. Close locket and let sit for about 5 minutes.
7. Clear off excess with a cotton swab and you are done!
8. Write a nice note and gift it to your mom ♥