So we know you love pie and stuffing and cranberry sauce. But sometimes (though it might feel sacrilegious) all you want after a huge, salty Thanksgiving meal is… chocolate. So we whipped up our favorite chocolate pretzel turkeys to curb your cocoa craving. Plus, they are the easiest to make (no baking required!) and fun to share around your Friendsgiving and/or family table.
Chocolate Pretzel Turkeys Recipe
Chocolate covered Oreos or Thin Mints (do you still have a secret stash?)
Chocolate covered pretzels
Black and white decorating gel
1. Put a handful of chocolate chips in a bowl and microwave them in 30 second increments until they are fully melted. Transfer into a ziploc bag.
2. Place 3 chocolate covered pretzels together to make the tail feathers of the turkey.
3. Cut a small hole in the corner of the ziploc and squeeze a little bit onto the pretzels like glue.
4. Place a chocolate covered Oreo on the top and gently press down.
5. Use the white and black decorating gel to create little eye balls on the Oreo.
6. Put a small dot of chocolate in between the eyes and attach a candy corn for the nose.
7. Let cool for 10 minutes until the chocolate glue hardens.