Have you ever opened up your suitcase or backpack to find your lotion has exploded all over everything? It’s a real mess. Everything you own is covered in oil and smells like shea butter. What if you could avoid the risk of exploding moisturizer and still take your lotion on the go? We made these DIY lotion bars for that exact purpose. You can make them in all kinds of shapes and scents, and easily pack them wherever your day takes you. No mess, no stress!
DIY Lotion Bars
What You’ll Need
Cute mold of choice
Essential oils (for scent)
1. Add 2 tbsp of beeswax, 2 tbsp of shea butter and 2 tbsp of coconut oil to glass pot.
2. Add 12 drops of sweet orange essential oil (or your choice of essential oil).
3. Heat glass pot in a hot water bath until liquid, about 10 minutes.
4. Add chamomile and rose buds.
5. Mix it all together.
6. Pour into mold and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Free bars from mold.
8. Repeat with different ingredients. Try peppermint or lavender essential oils and add french lavender or flower petals.
9. Share with friends and stay moisturized in style!