The best way to enjoy your summer to the fullest is to set some goals for yourself and have some fun. Your summer bucket list can be whatever you want it to be that helps you move to the next level or maybe even just taking in some more self-care. Include some relaxation and fun activities that you need to meet in order to balance it out.This time of the year may also add some stress and feelings of inadequacy. But that’s okay because new focus can be set to get you back on track and ending the year strong.
Here are my 12 Must Do’s for this Summer:
1. Wear that bathing suit with confidence Find that bathing suit you love, and then learn to love yourself in it. Rachell said it best here.
2. Protect your skin. Don’t forget to wear sunscreen every day.
3. Simplify your makeup. A quick pat of light foundation with moisturizer or sunscreen and be out the door. Give your skin a break this summer. Check out Emily’s list for suggestions.
4. Revisit a tradition from your childhood summer.
Whatever it is, bring back something you loved from your childhood, and relive it. Growing up is overrated.
5. Put down the blow dryer. The point is to ease up on the beauty routine. Let the sunshine be your blow dryer and spend that time you would getting ready to enjoy the weather.
6. Eat an ice cream or milk shake guilt-free! And get a large size. Don’t ask or wonder about how many calories it is and don’t try to work it off later. The point is to just enjoy it!
7. Try an outdoor game like messy Twister. I found this online and had to add it onto the list!
8. Make a new friend. Regardless of how old you are, it’s important to socialize. Summer is a good time to make new friends or reconnect with old ones.
9. Tackle personal self-development goal. Become a better person by the time fall comes around by working on your personal self-development this summer. Here are some ideas for you to consider: Being punctual, conquering self-doubt, not taking things personally, etc.
10. Swim in A Natural Body of Water. After all, what’s summer without some beach waves, am I right?!
11. Try a new brunch spot. If you’re a foodie like me, discovering new places to eat can be fun. Who knows what good eats you could be missing out on!
12. Most importantly, enjoy simple summer pleasures. Get out and soak in the sun and enjoy it. Realize the beauty of this summer season and use it as your chance to reconnect with yourself and nature.
“Summertime is always the best of what might be.” ~Charles Bowden
Also published on Medium.