It’s hard not to love brownies. When we can get away with it, we even eat them for breakfast. This recipe is no exception to the oh so gooey deliciousness that is the brownie canon, and they don’t even call for flour! While we might have had you at gluten free marshmallow brownies, other stand-out ingredients include peanut butter, chocolate chips, and Rice Krispies. Dig in!
Gluten Free Marshmallow Brownies
Mixing bowls + cups
2 cups white sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
1 bag mini marshmallows (10.5 oz. or 5.5 cups)
2 cups chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)
1 1/4 cups peanut butter
5 tablespoons butter
3 cups Rice Krispies
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking pan.
2. Combine the sugars and oil and beat until well combined. Add in the eggs and vanilla and whisk together. Beat for about two minutes.
3. Add the cocoa powder and salt to the batter and blend until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Bake the brownies for about 17 minutes and then top with the marshmallows. Continue baking 8 more minutes (if using a different recipe for the brownies, just make sure you add the marshmallows during the last 8 minutes of bake time). Allow to cool while you prepare the topping.
5. For the topping, combine the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in a microwave safe dish. Microwave thirty seconds at a time, stirring at each interval, until smooth and melted. Fold in the Rice Krispies.
6. Lay dollops of the topping evenly across the top of the cooled brownies and then spread to cover the entire top. Wait until completely cooled to cut.