We’re proud members of the crowd that believes being festive on St. Patrick’s Day is wearing a green t-shirt and chastising those who don’t. But this holiday is so much more than that. It’s not only a celebration of the works of St. Patrick for the people of Ireland, it’s also a great reason to test your baking skills. Like with these shamrock quiches. Our time saving secret: pre-made pie crust!
Have a merry St. Patrick’s Day!
Mixing bowls + cups
4 pot pie aluminum pans
Pre-made refrigerated pie crust dough (or you can make your own)
1 (10 oz) box frozen spinach, thawed and drained
4 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1 cup shredded cheese
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Cut 4 slits evenly on the top of each pot pie pan. Carefully form pie into a 4 leaf clover by pushing the edges together (be careful not to cut too deep or else the quiche will spill out).
2. Spray each pan with oil.
3. Fill each pan with pie crust and press the dough into the rim to form the shape of a 4 leaf clover. You can use a fork to press the edges in.
4. Place pans on a flat baking sheet.
5. In a medium bowl, whisk 4 eggs with milk, cheddar cheese and salt and pepper.
6. Fill each pan with thawed, drained spinach until it covers the bottom.
7. Sprinkle a little bit of feta over the spinach.
8. Fill each pan with egg mixture and bake for 30-40 minutes or until eggs are set and crust is golden brown.