When we think of nachos, it’s usually a smorgasbord of crunchy chips, multiple shredded cheeses (becasue cheese), guac, pico de gallo, and for the ambitious among us, olives and/or black beans. While that may be the most perfectly balanced savory snack, it does nothing for those of us with a sweet tooth. Enter ice cream nachos: a new spin on your favorite Mexican snack that still balances the crunchy and creamy with sugar and spice. Double dipping anyone?
Ice Cream Nachos
Butter flavored spray oil
½ cup Sugar
1 Tbs Cinnamon
Cinnamon caramel ice cream
1. Cut tortillas into chip sized pieces.
2. Separate evenly on a flat baking sheet.
3. Stir together sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
4. Spray with butter flavored spray oil (or you can brush with melted butter).
5. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over each chip until they are all generously covered.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes or until they are golden brown. Be sure to check on them so they don’t burn!
7. Put baked chips on a plate and put a massive scoop of cinnamon caramel ice cream in the center like salsa.
8. Dip and enjoy!