Tis’ the season. The lights set the night aglow, the carolers are singing, the streets are bustling. Happiness rings through the day. Christmas time is here! Families come together, gifts are exchanged, and a magic happens that brings forth cheer. Celebrations occur, relationships re-kindle. Life is good, all is well, until that clock strikes midnight. Once New Year’s has come and gone, that oh-so-magic time seems to die down. The memories last, but that buzzing glow? It seems to vanish with the snow that barely remains.
Why does that “Christmas Vibe” need to end when the holiday does? That cheer shouldn’t only come around once a year. Would you believe me if I told you that you can keep Holiday Cheer all year? Because you can.
It doesn’t have to be a battle. It can come easily and turn into a daily habit. You just have to have that willingness to do so. This life is yours to create.
Let’s get to it. For starters…
De-clutter your space.
Rid yourself of all, and any that do not make you feel good-including people. This not only brings a state of peace, but it also allows you to lead a life you actually enjoy being in.
You know around the Holiday time, when you clean up, organize, and decorate your home just the way you want it to be? You hang pretty lights, you put up a tree, and make your surroundings something that brings you enjoyment?
This is very similar to that.
- Let go of all that isn’t truly benefiting you anymore. Check your surroundings, your environment, and the space you occupy the most. Then really analyze it all. Allow yourself to truly observe it and then make that shift.
- De-clutter your space, and re-create it into something that makes you feel good. A space that brings forth that positivity that you initially feel more so around Christmas time.
When you think about Christmas, or when a holiday is near, what we generally see is positive. It’s upbeat, cheery, and bright. It simply brings you joy to see. So why should that concept of thought end as Christmas does?
Positivity should surround you regularly.
If it doesn’t, and you are constantly surrounded by negative people, negative posts or negative things, then the only person you are hurting is yourself.
Unfollow, and free yourself from anything or anyone that is negative. Unbind yourself from the web that you have unconsciously placed yourself in. Do not allow those people who are negative, or those things that are negative stick around and keep you from feeling that holiday cheer.
Negativity is a knife that drives hate. So don’t allow yourself to be consumed by it.
Your winter wonderland can remain even when winter isn’t here. Your winter wonderland, is whatever you wish for it to be.
Remember Olaf, that cute little snowman that brings joy to kids, and parents, and people everywhere? The one that’s always so happy, upbeat, and positive even though he has so little in life? Yeah that little guy. Allow him to teach you a few lessons, that’s the perception you should have.
Remember, happiness should follow you wherever you go. Just like Olaf’s little snow cloud.
Create a safe space (Your Happy Place)
You know around Christmas time when you can wander around town and see carolers and Christmas lights around every street corner? Or that feeling you get when you come home each night to someone or something you love?
Well, that’s the type of feeling you want to occupy this space. In order to find that, to do that, you need to create a “safe haven” or happy place, for yourself. Even if it isn’t that exact holiday essence.
- Create a space that can bring peace, calmness, and certainty. A place that brings you complete joy, and reminds you that all is well, and all will be well. Create some sort of a happy place that can allow you to Disconnect from the outside world for a while, and just be.
- Make a meditation room. Find a place to do yoga. Create your own Christmas town, only in the essence that makes you feel cozy, and warm inside.
Regardless of where, or what it may be, allow it to be a place where you can simply cool off, re-center, and re-align. Wherever it is, make it known, and make it a part of your everyday life.
Find Your Zen
Christmas time is all about being in the moment. Celebrating all that you have, and spending the time you have right now with the one’s that you love. It’s about doing things that you enjoy, and make you feel good about you.
When the Holidays are near, the ability to slow down, and embrace it all, comes easy. So why not allow yourself to find that well-beyond the Holidays?
Your zen is not something that comes from the outside. It’s not something materialistic, or something that money can buy. Your Zen comes from within.
Here are Ten ways to “find your zen.” and make Christmas cheer a way of life all year.
- Surround yourself with positive people and things.
- Make time for you.
- Take a break from your Social Media platforms, and allow yourself to “clear up” your feed.
- Get back in nature. Allow yourself to actually “explore” and venture outside the walls you have grown accustom to. Let yourself actually Live this life you have.
- Meditate or find other ways to re-center and re-align.
- Do things that make you happy.
- Allow yourself to have a different perspective on things. Actually think before you react.
- Be more consciously aware of your thoughts, feelings, and emotions. If something triggers you when you are out, stop and ask yourself why. Then allow yourself to analyze it, get to the source of the problem and work through it.
- Be more pro-active, and, less judgmental. You don’t know everyone’s story, so stop criticizing others and allow yourself to be more empowering and uplifting.
- Embrace your creative edge, and who you are within. “Without Creativity the world would remain Black and White.”
Finding that holiday cheer all year really should not be a chore. It should become a way of life, and come easily to you.
Remain giving. Celebrate the little things. Be more present. Be cheery. And, embrace the joys of life.1