Using essential oils has been a new beauty trend that more people are turning to for solving their problems. It’s an easy, natural remedy that has more benefits than you think and with the right oil you can feel better in no time.
I have had a lot of friends who began using essential oils to deal with a lot of issues such as sleep troubles, skincare, and relaxation. I have had trouble with anxiety for a couple years and although i was doing yoga to control it, I didn’t mind in trying another remedy.
Some oils are good for aromatherapy and so through my research, I learned that lavender oil has properties that can help with anxiety. Through a diffuser, I breathed in lavender as well as I did yoga. Let me tell you, this was double the benefits. I have never felt more relaxed.
From then on, I started to use lavender scent with yoga and it has helped me relax throughout the day. It even helped me feel more motivated to start the day and get my tasks done. I did it morning and night so it helped me sleep also.
Different Oils, Different Uses
According to Healthline, “There are more than 90 types of essential oils, each with its own unique smell and potential health benefits. Here’s a list of 10 popular essential oils and the health claims associated with them”:
- Peppermint: Used to boost energy and help with digestion.
- Lavender: Used for stress relief.
- Sandalwood: Used to calm nerves and help with focus.
- Bergamot: Used to reduce stress and improve skin conditions like eczema.
- Rose: Used to improve mood and reduce anxiety.
- Chamomile: Used for improving mood and relaxation.
- Ylang-Ylang: Used to treat headaches, nausea and skin conditions.
- Tea Tree: Used to fight infections and boost immunity.
- Jasmine: Used to help with depression, childbirth and libido.
- Lemon: Used to aid digestion, mood, headaches and more.
How To Use It
There are many ways to use essential oils. You can get an oil diffuser and simply breathe it in for relaxation. Another way is putting it on to your skin, and you can mix a few drops of it into your moisturizer. Put a couple drops into a steaming bath and can still get the same benefits.
I think in the end, you can use it however works for you. There isn’t a right or wrong way. But I also think this a great type of alternative medicine and people should try to fit it into their daily routine. It’s simple and natural and I feel more people are turning to that type medication now instead of an over the counter one.
I also think this is a way to be mindful of your body because you aren’t using chemical filled medication, but instead natural plant ingredients. You are definitely being healthier when taking care of your body this way and that’s why I recommend to try to use it and see how your body feels.