Celebrating my birthday and bite sized bits of wisdom I’ve discovered along the way. Take what you need.
- You’re not everyone’s cup of tea, nor should you strive to be. There’ll always be people who won’t like you no matter what you do.
- But there will also be those who love you fiercely and unconditionally. Those are your people.
- 15 minutes of meditation per day significantly reduces your risk of giving a shit🤷♀️
- Quoting Voltaire: we live in the best of all possible worlds. Things could always be better, but they could also be worse. Choose optimism🤗
- Your body is not what makes you sexy. Your spirit, your energy, your intelligence, your kindness, your love is sexy. Your body is just the physical manifestation of all the beauty that lies within you❤
- Connection is invaluable. A simple smile or a soul-deep, electrifying conversation, it doesn’t matter because both will go a long way.
- Avocado is expensive, but get it anyways🥑
- Coffee shops are the best remedy for loneliness☕
- Spirituality is not pretending like you’re in a good mood all the time. Spirituality is feeling, becoming, and being, even if it feels shitty in the moment.
- Hating yourself will not make you happy. Criticizing your body will not make you look better. Shame will not make you feel worthy. Self-love is the way💕
- Nature has the answers🌿
- There is such a thing as showering “too much” lol don’t do it🚿
- Take your personal pleasure very seriously.
- There’s no reason to have “guilty pleasures.” If you like something, fucking own it😈
- The more you know the more you realize how much you don’t know.
- Curiosity is the most powerful thing you own. Ask questions. Try new things. Read widely. Explore. Wonder.
- Your body’s only purpose is to keep you alive. Be kind to it.
- Courage is feeling the fear but going for it anyways. Do the shit that scares you and quit wasting time on the mundane.
- The Law of Attraction is undeniably real so manifest intentionally and watch your juju like your life depends on it. The Universe works in mysterious ways so embrace uncertainty and trust that magic is always happening✨
- Fuck it, love yourself.
Cover image via Ana Shahnovich