Social Media Community Management Internship
Metiza is looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial mind to assist with the Marketing of an online successful fast-growing lifestyle magazine for empowering young women. You will be responsible for actively managing Metiza’s social media and marketing channels. Your tasks will range from creating new content for the publication to managing our social media to assisting with digital marketing/growth-hack strategies. This is a rare opportunity to make a lasting impact at a fast-growing start-up and touch the lives of thousands of young women in a powerful way. If this excites you, you’re at the right spot.
WHO WE ARE
Metiza is a positive community for young women, focused on inspiring and encouraging them to be their best selves in all their unique and talented glory. Our purpose is to instill a sense of purpose, confidence and love of authentic self into each and every person. We believe that every voice is important, valuable and worthwhile and our goal is to let those voices shine.
HIGH LEVEL JOB DESCRIPTION
- Manage Social Media: Fully manage our Social Media, from daily Instagram posts, Instagram stories to Twitter to Pinterest to Facebook (using appropriate tools for optimal efficiency)
- Growth Hacking Initiatives: Support our Editorial Team in coming up with innovative ways to increase online growth of Social platforms
- Email / Newsletters: Support weekly content brainstorming, and subsequent newsletter mock-up with the copy and creative assets
SPECIFICS (If ASU Student, intern credit can be given in lieu of stipend per Cronkite School)
- Flexible work days: 10 hours/week approx. Easily adaptable to current school schedule. Begins immediately upon hire.
- Work alongside our Managing Director/EIC to develop your copywriting to fit our brand voice and brainstorm engaging article content.
- Bi-weekly reviews
- Professional reference gladly supplied at conclusion of term
- Witty sense of humor and love of the Oxford comma appreciated
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU
- Be part of an exciting, young, new, energetic start-up magazine that is changing the conversation with young women
- Benefit from room to grow. Community management is the first step in a career in marketing, agencies, and journalism among others.
- Have fun and build something amazing with us
SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Creative mindset / Fashion interest / Photoshop skills: We are looking for somebody that has a creative mindset, interested in fashion and is proficient in Photoshop to help with innovative content creation for the brand’s social platforms
- Social media proficiency: This position requires a good understanding of social media and a willingness and interest on your part to actively learn more in the field
- Strong communication skills: We’re looking for somebody who can communicate with a wide range of partners in a polite yet resilient manner and understands how to talk to customers
- Lots of energy: This position will require a lot of energy and initiative to get things done, always be on the lookout for original ideas
If you are interested in joining the Metiza team, please submit your resume, cover letter, and three social media campaigns (instagram photo/post/hashtags and twitter post based on current Metiza articles) that showcase your copywriting and social media skills as well as a pitch how you intend to help increase Metiza’s reach to a larger community to email@example.com. We look forward to reviewing your application!