Dagger earrings are blowing up on Etsy for spring. They come in all shapes and sizes from literal daggers to long gemstone drops. We love their geometric silhouette and edgy chic style. Here’s how to make your own DIY dagger earrings out of popsicle sticks!
DIY Dagger Earrings
2 Popsicle sticks
E6000 Heavy duty glue
Sandpaper or nail file
1. Draw two triangles of the same size onto your Popsicle sticks. Use ruler for precision.
2. On a cutting board, carefully cut out both triangles with an x-acto knife.
3. Sand the sides of your triangle with sandpaper or a nail file.
4. Decide which 3 colors you would like to use on your earrings.
5. Completely paint both triangles in base color, dry for 10 minutes.
6. Place painter’s tape on both triangles in the shape of an X.
7. Apply 2nd paint color (I used white) to about 2/3 of the triangle, dry for 10 minutes.
8. Place smaller pieces of painter’s tape above the bottom third (tip) of the triangles in an X.
9. Paint (I used black) the tip, let dry for 10 mins.
10. Turn over triangles and attach jewelry studs with E6000 glue, let dry for an hour.