We have a special place in our hearts for bath bombs. But sometimes it gets old having to re-buy them all the time. Plus some can be really bad for the environment. So we tried our hand at making our own. After some trial and error, we finally nailed down the perfect DIY bath bombs recipe with a secret ingredient – olive oil! Now you can soak in your bath bomb and save the ocean too! And the best part, your can make them all different colors and sizes, perfect for you or to give as gifts.
DIY Bath Bombs Recipe
1/2 cup baking soda
1/4 cup epsom salt
1/4 cup corn starch
1/4 cup citric acid
3 tsp olive oil
1 tbsp essential oil of your choice
A few drops of food coloring
1 tbsp water
1. Mix together dry ingredients with a whisk.
2. Mix together wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
3. Add wet ingredients very slowly to your dry mix.
4. Scoop the mixture into your mold, let dry and harden.
5. Drop into the bath and enjoy!
Also published on Medium.