When the weather starts to change, so does the food! Read on to find some yummy fall recipes!
Pumpkin Loaf with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 sticks (or 3/4 cup) of melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 oz) of pumpkin
- 1 can of cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (160 degrees Celsius). Grease two loaf pans or one rectangular cake pan (I use a spray, but you can use olive oil or butter).
- Combine dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon) in a bowl and whisk them together. Set this bowl aside.
- In a larger bowl, beat the butter and sugar until blended. Add in the maple syrup and vanilla. Stir until mixed.
- Add the eggs to the mixture, beating after every egg. Add the pumpkin and stir until combined.
- Slowly add in the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Pour batter into the pan(s). Bake for 55-75 minutes, checking periodically to check baking progress.
- Let the loaf cool for 30 minutes before frosting.
- 7-8 apples (depending on the size)
- A gallon of water (use more if you want a more concentrated cider, less for a more diluted one)
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Fill a large pot with water. Cut the apples into halves and put them in the pot. Stir in the cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, for one hour.
- Reduce heat, add a lid, and simmer for an additional hour.
- Use a colander or sieve to remove the solids from the cider. Refrigerate for later or enjoy in the moment.
Extra tip: you can save the boiled and mushy apples and make them into applesauce!
Crockpot Roast Turkey
- 1 boneless turkey breast (5-7 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup of water
- Brush turkey breast with oil.
- Combine all the spices and lemon juice in a small bowl. Rub over oiled turkey.
- Put turkey in slow-cooker and add the water.
- Cook on low, covered, for 5-6 hours or until internal temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Enjoy these fall recipes with friends, family, or by yourself (because who really wants to share a pumpkin bread?)