CBD oil is being recommended for all sorts of ailments left and right, but what is it exactly and is it right for you?
What is it?
CBD, or cannabidiol is a component found in the flower of cannabis. Yes, it’s an ingredient in weed. No, it doesn’t get you high.
The high from weed comes from THC, or tetrahyrocannabinol. The occasional paranoia some experience with marijuana often comes from the strain containing too high a concentration of THC. CBD actually counters those effects and is non-intoxicating.
Uses & Risks
CBD helps with countless conditions inside and out. According to Project CBD, here are just a few:
- Inflammation, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Alzheimer’s, Epilepsy, Stroke
- Diabetes, Obesity
- ADHD, PTSD
- Crohn’s Disease
- Acne, Psoriasis
Just as anything else, CBD can produce some side effects in certain individuals. It’s mostly considered safe but may cause: diarrhea, changes in appetite, and/or fatigue.
Additionally, always ensure you consult a medical professional to confirm CBD is safe for you to take and that it doesn’t interfere with any of your medications.
From gummies to oils to lip balms and everything in-between, there’s a CBD product for everybody. Regardless of what you’re looking to use it for, one of these items is sure to suit your fancy:
- Good for all skin types these bath salts help calm you down including CBD, lavender, lemon, and sage.
- If you find yourself with debilitating periods each month, these capsules might be for you. They combine CBD with hormone-balancing powerhouses Valerian Root, Chaste Berry, Dong Quai, and Cramp Bark.
- This all-in-one skincare product provides pain relief while simultaneously moisturizing the skin combining CBD, coconut oil, shea butter, vitamin E, and beeswax.
- Melatonin and CBD provide the ultimate night’s rest with these tablets.
- Coming in five different flavors including raspberry cinnamon, dark chocolate, peanut butter & honey, caramel coconut, and peach hazelnut, these bars satisfy your sweet tooth and deliver the benefits of CBD in just one bite.
- If you want to just cut to the chase, there are tons of oil companies to choose from that can be taken orally each day.